Saturday, September 11, 2010

Do you have an Attitude of Gratitude?

I do! And it will change your life! Having an grateful heart is being thankful for the things you do have instead of being bitter for the things you do not. It is focusing on what is good and positive in your life. Too many times, our minds become cluttered with negativity. We want more money, we try to keep up with the Jones' and all it leaves us is feeling empty inside.

A very easy way to get rid of a negative attitude is to be grateful. Every day start with keeping a journal of Gratitude. List 5 things each day you are thankful for. Is it hard to come up with 5? Soon, you could come up with a list of 100!! I promise. The more you start to focus and think on all things positive, the quieter the negative voice will become. You will become more optimistic instead of pessimistic. You will see the good in the bad. You will see that even through a time of heartache, God can be glorified.

Today I am thankful for:

my life
my spouse
my children
my cozy home
God's grace

No comments:

Post a Comment